In this session you will gain an understanding of how different MATLAB data types are stored in memory and how you can program in MATLAB to use memory efficiently. In recent versions, MATLAB introduced several new programming concepts, including new function types. We will illustrate and explore the usage and benefits of the various function types under different conditions. You will learn how using the right function type can lead to more robust and maintainable code. Demonstrations will show you how to apply these techniques to problems that arise in typical applications. It also covers the basics of building GUI with GUIDE.
Who should attend?
Everybody interested in data analytics and analysis.
Familiarity with MATLAB products is not required.
MATLAB and memory
– What you as a programmer should know
– Passing arrays
– How structures use memory
Functions of all types
– Introduction/Review of MATLAB function types
– Applications of new nested functions
– Solving optimization problems
– Building a graphical user interface for volume visualization
Building a standalone application in MATLAB
– How to use GUIDE to create a simple GUI
– Use Compiler to package your function to an app